Canada Goose is a high-end parka company that specializes in extreme weather outwear. Their products have real quality fur in them that provides added warmth that faux fur cannot provide.
When it comes to usage, the Langford and the Chateau were created for those who are going to be experiencing some very cold temperatures. However, compared to the other Canada Goose parkas, they are not the warmest. That’s because the Langford and the Chateau’s fabric is still breathable which helps reduce sweating.
We have created this Canada Goose Langford vs Chateau comparison in order to inform you about the real differences between these parkas.
Canada Goose Langford vs Chateau
What Are The Similarities?
Before we get into the differences between the Langford and the Chateau, we will cover the similarities. More specifically, we will let you in on what makes them such popular parkas.
- Made for temperatures -15°C to -25°C: The Langford and the Chateau are considered level 3 Canada goose parkas. Level 4 would be considered the very warmest.
- Removable coyote fur ruff: The coyote fur around the hood is actually removable. But when you are wearing it, customer say that it shields the face from the cold wind. It warms the wind before it hits the face. Reason why this works is because they are using real coyote fur. Faux fur would not work nearly as well.
- Dryness: These parkas will stay dry even in the most extreme climates.
- Two interior pockets: There are two interior pockets in each of these parkas.
- Mid thigh length: Both of these parkas hang down to the mid thigh. This provides some degree of protection against wind on your legs.
- Duck down: The filling of these parkas is made of duck down. Quality duck down is expensive, which accounts for much of the cost of these parkas.
- Rib knit cuffs: The rib knit cuffs on these parkas will help prevent the cold and wind from entering into the sleeves. Snow will not get through these either.
- Lifetime warranty: Canada Goose stands behind its products. All of its parkas come with 100% lifetime warranty.
- Made in Canada: All of the Canada whose products are made in Canada.
Comparison between the Langford and the Chateau
In order to really demonstrate the difference between these parkas, we will list their differentiating features one after the other.
What makes the Canada Goose Langford different
- Waist drawcord: The Langford has a waist draw cord. My cinching down the waist, you can protect your upper body against the cold and the wind. The Canada goose chateau parka does not have a waist cord.
- Utility pen pocket: The Langford also has a utility pen pocket on its left sleeve, while the Chateau does not.
- Insulated windguard: Behind the front zipper of the Langford, there is an insulated wind guard to protect against the wind.
What makes the Canada Goose Chateau different
- Napoleon pocket: Napoleon pocket is one that rests on one of the breasts of a jacket. It allows you to place your hand into it from the side instead of from the top.
Langford and the Chateau Specs
Center back length
- Langford: 36 inches
- Chateau: 33.5 inches
Canada Goose Langford vs Chateau: Price Comparison
In order to compare the cheapest prices between the Langford and the Chateau, please see the links below:
A Canada Goose Langford and the Chateau are very comparable in terms of features. The Langford does have more bonus features than the Chateau. The Chateau is actually the shorter parka of the two by 2.5 inches. We do not have a preference for one parka over the other. If you have your own opinion about which you would like to have, please leave your comment below.
OffTheGridGearHub.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Some links may be affiliate links. We may get paid if you buy something or take an action after clicking one of these