Lowa is a popular company for outdoor boots. In fact, they are also very popular with the duty and tactical community. These sell heavy duty boots that are also meant to be comfortable while running.
The Renegade and the Zephyr are two of Lowa’s most popular boots. They both feature Gore-Tex material, as well as real leather bodies. But it is difficult to tell the real differences between these tactical boots without taking a closer look. That is why we have created our Lowa Renegade vs Zephyr comparison.
We will go over each of their strengths in order to provide you with the best information available about the differences in their features. Please see below for a list of what makes each of these boots unique from one another.
Some of the features in these lists will be the same for both, but they are also important to mention.
Lowa Renegade vs Zephyr
Lowa Renegade Features
We will go over the pros and cons of the Lowa Renegade.
- Very waterproof: The Renegade is a true Gore-Tex boot. Customers have noted that they are much more waterproof than the other Gore-Tex boots that they have owned.
- Climate control footbed: Are you going to be walking in cold terrain? How about those hot summer nights? The Renegade has climate control footbeds that prevent your feet from suffering from extreme temperatures.
- Lightweight: Due to the fact that the Renegade is made partly with synthetic materials, they are lighter than regular all leather boots.
- No blisters: Customers have noted that the Renegade does not give them any blisters, even on lengthy walks. This stands in contrast with other similar leather boots.
- Metal eyelets: Having all metal eyelets on the Renegade boot helps to tighten up the laces without needing to cinch them forward for every loop. This makes it quicker for you to tighten or loosen up your boot.
- Treads on the sole: The Renegades have treads on the soles that prevent them from slipping in muddy conditions.
- Adjustable: The Renegades are easily adjustable, even when the feet are swelling.
- Not as dirty as full grain leather mountaineering boots
Lowa Zephyr Features
- Rubber sole: The soles of the Zephyr are made of rubber. This means that they will not be as slippery on hard surfaces.
- Moisture wicking lining: The Zephyr has a moisture wicking lining that helps keep the socks dry in damp conditions. It also helps to prevent the feet from freezing in the cold.
- Padded ankle and tongue: The Zephyr has padding around the ankle to prevent blisters from happening. The tongue is also padded help prevent against chafing at the top of the foot.
- Breathability: The fact that this has a metal frame design also means that it has less padding in the upper foot area. This allows for more breathability and prevents against sweat buildup.
- Impact protection: The toe protector is curved towards the top and above the toe of the foot. This helps protect the toe against impact from rocks and other objects.
- Removable footbed: The inner sole is completely removable to allow for the washing of the footbed. You could also use this removability to dry out your soles or even completely replace them.
- Not waterproof: Although the Zephyr will keep some water out of the shoe, it is not as waterproof as the Renegade boot.
Lowa Renegade vs Zephyr: Price Comparison
The Lowa Renegade and the Lowa Zephyr have slightly different price points. If you would like to see current prices on Amazon for these hiking boots, please see the links below.
Both the Renegade and the Zephyr have different features to offer. Both are comparable in terms of quality and even purpose. Which to choose will highly depend on which particular features you may feel is most useful to you.
If you’re not quite satisfied with these Lowa boots, another popular work boot is the Salomon Quest. You can read our Lowa Renegade vs Salomon Quest or our Lowa Zephyr vs Salomon Quest article, to learn more about it and see if it’s a better fit for you.
OffTheGridGearHub.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Some links may be affiliate links. We may get paid if you buy something or take an action after clicking one of these