While there are many luggage sets and pieces to choose from, there are none more popular than the Swiss Gear and Samsonite lines. Comparing these two brands is only natural due to the demands of potential customers who are confused as to brand to go with. We have created this Swiss Gear vs Samsonite Luggage comparison in order to show you some of the differences between their most popular luggage pieces.
Before we get right into what the differences are, we want to let you in on what the main features are that they have in common.
Samsonite vs Swiss Gear Luggage
What Samsonite And Swiss Gear Have In Common
First let us to say that there are hardshell and softshell options with each of these brands. But since the softshell options are the ones that most people tend to compare with, we’ll be covering their most basic (and popular) softshell luggage pieces.
What they have in common is pretty simple. They are both on wheels and have telescopic handles to allow you to drag it through the airport. They also each have side handles so that you can easily put them in the overhead bin or carry them down some stairs. The insides of the Swiss Gear and Samsonite are very similar. They both have a large zippered pocket on one side and a couple of straps on the other side. This allows you to easily organize your gear.
They both come with a durable polyester outer shell that withstands the weather and wear from abrasion. As you can see from the images above, both the Swiss Gear and Samsonite softshell luggage pieces are very similarly constructed. But there are a few differences that you want to be aware of before purchasing either one.
Samsonite vs Swiss Gear Luggage: The Differences
One of the most popular softshell Swiss Gear luggage pieces is the Swiss Gear Sion. On the Samsonite side of things, the Samsonite Advena is extremely popular. In this review, we will be comparing the Swiss Gear Sion and the Samsonite Advena Upright Luggage.
We feel that this will give you the best idea of the differences between how the two brands construct their luggage pieces. In addition, we will give you a set of features in ‘pros and cons’ format so you can truly get a clear picture of how they compare.
The Swiss Gear brand tends to be slightly pricier than Samsonite when it comes to comparable luggage pieces. As you will see, Swiss Gear has a few main advantages that are not included in the Samsonite luggage.
- Attention to detail: First and foremost, something that can be seen on Swiss Gear luggage is the attention to detail. They clearly have their logo embossed into the luggage and have it stamped with their red icon. When opening up a Swiss Gear suitcase, you can see the work they have put into the design.
- More space: Based on a comparison between luggage of the same size, the Swiss Gear the case has more space on the inside than the Samsonite.
- Multidirectional spinner wheels: One thing we love about the Swiss Gear Sion is that it has multidirectional spinner wheels. This helps to maneuver around corners with ease since the wheels turn in 360 angles. The wheels are placed further away from the body of the luggage than with the Samsonite. This makes it easier to roll around.
- Larger zippers: A lot of times we find ourselves in a situation where we cannot easily grab onto a zipper. For example, we may have our gloves on or it may be raining outside. In these situations, the Swiss Gear suitcase is a cut above the rest. It has a larger zipper than the Samsonite suitcases.
- Less front pockets: This may not even be a consideration for some, but the Swiss Gear suitcase only has two exterior pockets instead of three like the Samsonite. Some people prefer more pockets that are smaller in order to really separate out their small items.
Samsonite is one the most popular brand on Amazon when it comes to travel suitcases. And when it comes to softshell luggage pieces, the Samsonite Advena is one of their oldest and most affordable suitcase. But if you’re looking for newer suitcases, Samsonite has a lot of high-quality suitcases that you might like.
- Padded Carry Handles: One of the great things about the Samsonite luggage pieces is their padded top and side carry-handles. This feature will makes it more comfortable to lift a fully-packed case.
- Three front pockets: The Samsonite has three front pockets instead of two (as with the Swiss Gear). This makes it easier to organize your smaller items.
- In-line wheels: Some people may feel that the in-line wheels provide more wheel stability. However, they do not allow for the maneuvering around tight corners like the Swiss Gear does.
Samsonite vs Swiss Gear Luggage: Price Comparison
There are so many pieces to compare between the Swiss Gear and the Samsonite. In the above, we have covered comparison between the two most popular luggage pieces. If you want to see an overview of prices for each of these brands, please see below.
Generally speaking, we feel that the Swiss Gear luggage has better features than the Samsonite. However, these features are just incidental and do not form a major part of their design. We feel that both of these brands have very good qualities. Their luggage pieces are almost identical except for the small differences, so our preference for the Swiss Gear suitcases is not very big.
OffTheGridGearHub.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Some links may be affiliate links. We may get paid if you buy something or take an action after clicking one of these