Do you enjoy being away from civilization and spending time in the great outdoors? In order to do this, several comfort and necessity measures need to be taken into account. For instance, if you’re going camping or hunting, you will need to bring food or drinks along with you. These need to remain cold if you’re going to enjoy eating/drinking. There are many coolers on the market for this sort of thing, but not all of them are created equal. Many of them are just way too flimsy to sustain rugged abuse.
The Yeti coolers are top-of-the-line products that are very durable and even leak-proof. Many people swear by them, as they are regular outdoorsmen and need something that will last them for years and years. The insulation on these coolers is also very effective and will keep your drinks and food cold for days!
But you are likely wondering what the difference is between the Yeti Hopper 20 and the Yeti Hopper 30. That is the purpose of this review. Here, we’re going to compare these wonderful Yeti products so that you can make a decision as to which of these you would rather purchase.
Similarities Between The Yeti Hopper 20 And The Hopper 30
Let’s go over what you get inside the box. Apart from the actual Hopper itself, you will get the following items:
- Yeti Hopper instruction manual
- Yeti product catalogue
- Yeti sticker
- Hydro lock zipper care stick
All of these items, including the Hopper, have a sound design appeal. If you’re giving this product as a gift, it is easy to see that it is of high quality!
These Yeti Hoppers come with a three-year warranty. Although customers are highly appreciative of the fact that Yeti offers such a lengthy warranty, it is unlikely that it will need to be used. The product is made with great attention to detail and is so durable that you are unlikely to run into any snags (no pun intended).
Here are a few more of the features that both of these very similar coolers have in common:
- Molle attachment points: Each of these coolers has attachment points that are Molle compatible. In case you do not know what that is, the Molle standard simply specifies the size of strap that an attachment pouch is to have in order to perfectly fit into the attachment point. There are many Molle type pouches available to suite practically every need. Some of these are just empty pouches, while others have practical uses, such as first-aid kits and cutlery. Molle attachment points don’t need to be used only by Molle pouches. You can see whatever else will fit in there.
- D-ring attachment points: For your heavier gear, you can use the D-ring attachment points at the bottom of each of these bags.
- Shoulder strap: Both of these products have super durable shoulder straps that are wide enough to not dig into your shoulders.
- Carry handles: If shoulder straps are not your thing, or you simply like the convenience of getting up to go quickly, you can use the security carry handles that come on each side of the zipper.
- Thick orange zipper: The zipper on these coolers is very tough and there’s a very low chance that it will snag. It is quite thick and it is also orange. This helps to search for your Yeti Hopper in the middle of the night.
- Logo embellishment: While this serves no particular purpose, there is an attractive Yeti logo on the side of these coolers. Fellow campers will absolutely know how serious you are about your camping gear.
- Leakproof: These coolers are completely leakproof. Go ahead and test it out; we suspect that you will not get any leaks outside of the bag when there is a leak inside the bag.
And, without further ado, let’s go over what makes these Hopper variations different.
Comparing The Yeti Hopper 20 vs The Yeti Hopper 30
We are going to compare these wonderful coolers based on some of the most important features that they have. Below, we have made a list of what these features are and how each of these products compares to one another.
- Volume: The amount of things that these bags can carry is the main difference between them. While the Hopper 20 can hold 4.6 gallons, the Hopper 30 can hold 6.5 gallons. What this amounts to, roughly, is that the Hopper 20 can hold 18 regular sized cans, while the Hopper 30 can hold 24 cans.
- Size: as the volume capacity is different for these coolers, so is the size:
Yeti Hopper 20:
21.5 lenth x 10.5 width x 13.75 height
Yeti Hopper 30:
22.5 inches x 12.5 width x 16.5 height
- Color: The Hopper 20’s color is a fog grey, and the Hopper 30’s color is a field tan.
In order to view the differences in price, we recommend that you go to the following links and see them on Amazon:
These coolers are different in the sense that they are of different sizes. They have slightly different looks in terms of their color, but other than that, the structure is the same.
These coolers have a difference of approximately 2 inches in each dimension.
Which of these you choose will probably depend on how much volume capacity will be needing.
As an added tip, these coolers are very easy to clean. Simply add some mild dish soap to a rag and wiped them down.
If you have any questions or comments about these products, please leave them in the box below. We will get back to you soon as we can.
OffTheGridGearHub.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Some links may be affiliate links. We may get paid if you buy something or take an action after clicking one of these