This Aerobie Aeropress Coffee Maker review will go over all that you need to know about this product before you make a purchase. The Aerobie is one of our favorite products because it was so intricately engineered to perfection by a man named Alan Adler.
Alan Adler was the inventor of the Aerobie flying ring that won the Guinness Book of World Records for the longest throw. With the invention of the Aerobie Aeropress coffee maker, Alan took his time and tested out hundreds of concoctions in order to create the best contraption that he could based on taste and utility.
Here is what Alan found out about creating an excellent tasting cup of coffee:
1. Total immersion of the coffee beans is essential. This stands in contrast with the way that drip coffee works. With drip coffee, the water that drips down into the filter sits at the middle bottom of the filter. This means that the beans cannot be uniformly filtered, and the bottom part getting too hot with the outer edges being too cold.
2. Extra pressure will allow for the extraction of extra flavor.
3. A quick brewing process is essential to the extraction of flavor.
4. Temperature always plays a role in coffee flavor. If the water is boiling hot, the coffee will taste better. A uniform temperature is also important.
With the above in mind, Alan created one of the best coffee making contraptions available today. As an added bonus, it is so small that it can be taken with you anywhere while traveling. It even has its own carry case!
Aerobie Aeropress Coffee Maker Features
Weight: 1.3 pounds
Dimensions: 19.8 x 12.3 x 9 inches
The Aerobie Aeropress coffee maker use the process called total immersion in order to really extract every bit of flavor and goodness out of the coffee. The Aerobie uses fine ground coffee immersed into 175 degree hot water inside of its pressurized tube. This is what helps produce the coffee’s extraordinarily rich flavor.
Types of coffee: The Aeropress can make practically every type of coffee you could imagine. It can make American-style coffee, lattes, or even cappuccino shots. The best part about it is that for each of those styles of coffees, using this sort of contraption is actually the best way of producing great flavor. It holds the best benefits out of all worlds.
Pure coffee: This coffee maker, due to its micro filtering process, produces pure coffee that is particle-free. This is great if you would like to create cold-brewed coffee and be able to store it for several days without it going rancid.
Tote bag included: The Aeropress comes with a nifty little tote bag. When the coffee maker is stored, it is super compact.
Better than drip brewing:
Due to its uniform filtering process, the Aerobie Aeropress Coffee Maker creates a much better-tasting coffee than a drip-brewed coffee. One of the reasons for this is the fact that while drip brewing takes several minutes, the Aeropress coffee-making process only takes less than one minute.
The quick brewing turnaround time actually increases the richness of the coffee’s flavor. Drip brewing creates a bitter coffee, which is sometimes due to the fact that the hottest water ends up in the middle bottom part of the filter while the outer edge gets less water and pressure. But with the Aeropress, you get to decide the exact temperature of the water that gets put into the tube, which remains constant throughout the entire surface of the ground.
Better than espresso:
You can spend hundreds of dollars on a high-end espresso machine, or you can purchase the much more affordable Aeropress coffee maker and actually produce a better-tasting coffee. The issue with espresso machines is that they cannot grind the coffee finely enough to make it good tasting.
With the Aerobie Aeropress Coffee Maker, grind is not that critical. Also, while espresso machines require pre-warming of the portafilter head, the Aeropress does not even have a portafilter head. You can get a better-tasting cup of coffee in less than a minute. As an added bonus, the Aeropress hardly requires any maintenance.
Easy cleaning: In order to clean the Aeropress, simply remove the wet grounds from the bottom of the tube and rinse out the tube. That’s it!
Aerobie Aeropress Coffee Maker Pros and Cons
- Makes better-tasting coffee than a high-end espresso machines
- Takes less than a minute to brew.
- Produces pure coffee so that even in the summer, you can enjoy cold-brewed coffee storage for days.
- The Aerobie Aeropress Coffee Maker is so light that it can be taken with you anywhere you go. So you always have a good cup of coffee ready to be made.
- Take this out camping and all you need is to boil water, add the coffee grounds and pump it through!
- Cleaning a super easy. There are no paper coffee filters with this coffee maker. It uses a wire mesh premium coffee filter that you simply have to rinse in water after use.
- Since the Aerobie Aeropress Coffee Maker is meant to be light and portable, it only makes a 10-ounce cup of coffee. This is only enough for one person at a time.
- You will need to find a way to boil water so that you can put it into the Aeropress for brewing.
What water temperature should I use?
For best results, you should be using 175 degree hot water. Now, you may be wondering how one would achieve this temperature every single time. It is actually quite simple. After you boil water, insert a thermometer into it and measure the amount of time that it takes to get to 175 degrees.
You only need to do this once or twice before you can measure the average amount of time that it would take. This way, don’t have to measure the temperature every time you make coffee. To give you a better idea of how long it takes, the hot water reaches 175 degrees after about 1 minute for 2 cups of boiled water. Or, you can simply add 1.5 cups of boiled water to 0.5 cups of room temperature water to achieve 175 degrees.
Where to Buy The AeroPress Coffee Maker
- Professional-Grade Coffee Right at Home: A household name amongst baristas and coffee enthusiasts worldwide, the AeroPress Original is a new kind of coffee press that uses a rapid, total immersion brewing process to make smooth, delicious, full-flavored coffee without bitterness and with low acidity. The AeroPress Original brews a full-bodied coffee with maximum flavor every time!
With the Aerobie Aeropress Coffee Maker, you get the best of both worlds. On the one hand, you can have one of the best cups of coffee that you have ever tasted without spending an arm and a leg. On the other hand, you can have all of this while you are traveling. All you need is to carry some coffee grounds and some sugar and cream. In fact, the Aeropress has a 5-star customer rating on Amazon. Customer 5 star ratings are hard to come by, especially since this one has over 1,300 customer reviews.
To top it all off, the Aerobie Aeropress coffee maker cost less than $32 on Amazon. This means that for the price of a cheap dinner for two, you and your loved ones can have the best tasting coffee for several years to come.
To see a similar travel coffee maker product, please see out review on the Handpresso Wild Hybrid Coffee Machine. The Handpresso allows you to make an espresso coffee on the go. This device is so light, you can out it in your bag and take it to work. Or, take it with you while on a hike to keep up your energy.