Do you love the taste of smoked meat? Large smokers can cook your meat for hours and make them very tender and smokey. But not all outdoor cookers are created equal. Some have features that make or break a decision to purchase one.
We have created this Pit Barrel Cooker vs Barrel House Cooker comparison so you can select a cooker for your outdoor grilling. Many people are into the Pit Barrel Cooker, but have also heard about the pricier Barrel House Cooker. These people wonder how these cookers stack up against each other. This is what we are here to explain.
Pit Barrel Cooker vs Barrel House Cooker
What Makes These Cookers Comparable
We feel that we can easily compare these cookers for several reasons. They both include some of the same features, and are likely based on the same type of model. With these cookers, you can do the following:
- Cook outdoors: These cookers are meant to be used outdoors. Once you light up the charcoal that goes at the bottom, it will stay lit for several hours as it cooks through your meat. You can even use these cookers in the middle of the winter.
- Cook for a large party: These cookers allow you to cook high volumes of meat. This way, you can spend more time mingling with your friends and family rather than sticking around the barbecue all the time.
- Satisfy your taste buds: It is no mystery that smoked meat is some of the best tasting meat you can make. By cooking your meat for long periods of time, you can be sure to get a tender cut of meat.
- Hang your meat: Instead of just using the racks, you can hang your meat off of the hooks that these cookers come with. This allows you to create more space for your meat to cook. Also, the smoker will have more space for more meat.
Comparing the Pit Barrel Cooker vs Barrel House Cooker
As we have mentioned above, the Barrel House Cooker is the most expensive of the two. For around $100, you can get a Barrel House Cooker that includes features that the Pit Barrel Cooker has.
The Pit Barrel Cooker does not have a pizza pan or a cedar plank as the Barrel House Cooker does. But it does have everything else.
Moreover, the Pit Barrel Cooker has more space than the Barrel House Cooker. At times, the lack of space in the Barrel House Cooker is advertised as being an advantage. This may very well be if the temperature holds for longer. But this also means that you will be cooking less meat.
There is a model of the Barrel House Cooker the costs the same as the Pit Barrel Cooker. It is the one that only has one level, whereas for the same price, you can get the Pit Barrel Cooker and get two levels.
In a nutshell, the Pit Barrel Cooker gives you more space to cook more meat. It holds temperatures for more than 14 hours, and can hold temperatures very well in the winter. This is tried and true by customers of this product.
For $100 more than the Pit Barrel Cooker, you can get the higher end Barrel House Cooker. This cooker includes the following:
- Cedar plank
- Pizza Pan
- Slotted grate
We can’t think of anything else the Barrel House Cooker has that would make it worthwhile to purchase over the Pit Barrel Cooker. Essentially, the Pit Barrel Cooker holds a lot more meat that the Barrel House Cooker, and it is less expensive.
The Great Features of the Pit Barrel Cooker
Since we have decided that the Pit Barrel Cooker is the best one, we will outline some of its features.
- Hanging system: You can hang your ribs and your roast at the top so that you can make as much room as possible for high-volumes of meat.
- Great thermal retention: You will be able to hold in a lot of heat and let air escape around the top vents. The charcoal will stay lit for hours and will retain enough heat to cook, even in the winter. According to customer reviews, there is no going wrong with this cooker when it comes to holding in the heat.
- Lightweight: The Pit Barrel Cooker is lighter weight than the traditional cooker. You can easily take this around with you to parties.
- Fast cook times: If you want your meat to cook fast, the Pit Barrel Cooker has very fast cook times. As mentioned above, it has good heat retention.
Where to Get the Pit Barrel Cooker
The most popular place to get the Pit Barrel Cooker is on Amazon. This is where you will get the cheapest price due to Amazon’s competitive pricing. You can also see all of the reviews on Amazon by ‘verified purchase’ customers.
It is clear that the Pit Barrel Cooker offers more bang for the buck. It has almost everything that the Barrel House Cooker has for at least $100 less. The lower-priced Barrel House cooker (it has a lower-end version) is the same price as the Pit Barrel Cooker. The only difference is that the lower-priced Barrel House Cooker only has one level, which means that it holds a lot less meat.
Another important factor to take into consideration is the fact that the Pit Barrel Cooker has been proven to hold in plenty of heat. There is simply every reason to purchase the Pit Barrel Cooker.
OffTheGridGearHub.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Some links may be affiliate links. We may get paid if you buy something or take an action after clicking one of these