The North Face produces some of the most popular jackets in the world. While they have many jacket models, deciding between them can be rather difficult. There are so many features to choose from, and choosing the right jacket is important.
The North Face Resolve and Venture jackets are made for those who want something light and completely waterproof. They come in various colors and designs for men and women. But many are wondering what the differences are between them. That is why we have created this The North Face Resolve vs Venture comparison.
The North Face Resolve vs Venture Jacket
The Features That Make Them Different
You may already know a bit about both of these jackets. They are made for lighter weather, and are waterproof and windproof. Despite the fact that they are waterproof, they are also plenty breathable.
While they look very similar, there are few differences that are not so obvious. We will get right down to the list of features that make these jackets different from each other. We will do this by listing each jacket’s differentiating features.
The North Face Resolve Unique Features
The following is a list of features that makes the North Face Resolve different from the Venture jacket.
- Inner liner: The Resolve has an inner liner that separates the skin from the jacket. This liner wicks away sweat, and creates a comfortable feel between the skin and the jacket itself. While this does the same thing as the Venture’s liner, it also makes the jacket heavier then the Venture. This is because the Venture has a built-in inner liner that is not separate from the actual jacket.
- Fleece-lined collar: The North Face Resolve has a larger collar than the Venture. The Resolve’s collar is lined with fleece, which gives it better protection against the wind and cold on your neck. This is another feature that makes the Resolve heavier than the Venture. Keep in mind that the Resolve is not as much a sports jacket as the Venture.
- Rollable hood: Unlike the North Face Venture, the Resolve’s hood can be rolled up and stored inside of a pocket on the collar. Keeping the hood out of the way can be very useful, as it will not always be needed on a daily basis.
- Warmth: Although both jackets provides some protection against the cold, the North Face Resolve provides a bit more protection than the Venture. This is due to the fact that it has a thicker inner liner. In fact, unlike the Venture, its liners separate from the outer jacket.
The North Face Venture Unique Features
While all of the features of the Resolve above are great, they are not included with the North Face Venture. But this does not make the Venture any less valuable. In fact, it has a different set of features that sets it apart.
- Dry touch technology: Instead of having an inner liner, the Venture uses dry touch technology on the inside. This technology incorporates raised bumps on the inside surface. This helps reduce contact between the jacket and the skin. The fact that this jacket does not have this inner liner means that it is lighter than the Resolve.
- Adjustable hood: While the Resolve has a stowable hood, the Venture does not. But the Venture has a hood that can be adjusted using drawstrings. These drawstrings assist in the back and on the sides for maximum adjustability. This way, you will not be caught in the rain without a hood that you can completely close around your head.
- Pit-zips: A part of what makes the North Face Venture sportier than the Resolve is the fact that it has pit-zips. You can open up the zippers to expose the pits to the outside air. This helps prevent sweat build-up and makes it more comfortable to wear and warm and humid climates.
- Packability: Due to the fact that it does not have an inner lining, the North Face Venture is more packable than the Resolve. As previously mentioned, is also the lightest of the two due to the lack of inner liner as well as the fleece on the collar.
What They Are Used For
Both jackets are used for roughly the same purpose. They can be used for your everyday commute, or even while out hiking. But the differences in features also means that one may be preferable to you over the other.
For example, the North Face Venture is generally lighter than the Resolve. Because it uses dry technology and has pit-zips, it is the sportier of the two. But the Resolve is actually slightly warmer than the Venture. The Venture is usually more expensive than the Resolve due to its more advanced sporty technology.
To compare the prices for these jackets, please see below:
The North Face Resolve vs Venture Jacket: The Verdict
The differences in features have been outlined above, so the choice should be may be easier for you. We would also like to mention that these jackets are not the most optimal for avid runners. If you are looking for a breathable jacket to use while out on a run, we would recommend The North Face Cipher hybrid.
Do you have a preference for the North Face Venture or the North Face Resolve? Please leave your comment below and let us know what you think.
OffTheGridGearHub.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Some links may be affiliate links. We may get paid if you buy something or take an action after clicking one of these