Are you trying to decide between a hardshell case and a softshell case? Delsey has many popular hardshell suitcases available. You may be wondering how they compare to the Travelpro softshell models. In this Delsey vs Travelpro comparison, we will be covering two of their most popular suitcases so that you can see the real difference between these two brands.
Hardshell vs Softshell
Before you decide whether to buy from either one of these brands, perhaps it would be a good idea to compare the benefits of the hardshell and the softshell suitcases.
Hardshell suitcases were made for people who are concerned about keeping the contents of their suitcases intact. Hardshell suitcases make it easier to keep your clothing from wrinkling up. But it also means that your suitcase will be more difficult to fit into the overhead compartment. Of course, this does depend on the size of your luggage. But the volume capacity of the suitcase will be smaller with a hardshell suitcase that can fit in to the overhead. Hardshell suitcase will also be a little heavier than a softshell one.
As you might imagine, softshell suitcases sometimes look a bit more professional than the hardshell ones. Granted, hardshell suitcases can look quite stylish. Some softshell suitcases have plenty of hardness around the inner lining to protect your items. Softshell suitcases are also lighter in general.
Comparing The Delsey Helium Aero And The Travelpro Luggage Maxlite 5
We have decided compare to specific suitcases from each company so that we can hone in on two very different feature sets. The Maxlite 5 and the Helium Aero are two of their most popular models. Read on to find out what their best and worst features are.
Delsey Helium Aero
The Helium Aero is a hardshell suitcase, while the Maxlite 5 is a hardshell one. This is likly the biggest consideration that people make when deciding between the two. Here are the pros and cons of owning the Hemlium Aero.
- Lightweight: This suitcase is made of polycarbonate material, thus making it super light and durable.
- Stylish: You may or may not like the design of the exterior. Some people love it, but others think it is over the top. The front panel grooves are pretty ostentatious, but maybe that’s your jam!
- Easy to carry: The Helium Aero has side handles so you can easily place it in the overhead compartment or take it down some stairs.
- Laptop sleeve: The Delsey’s laptop sleeve allows you to carry 15 inch laptops safely.
- Protruding telescopic handle: The telescoping handle can be stowed away into the suitcase. However, this does create a protrusion into the main compartment. This means that it may interfere with the content.
- Protruding laptop sleeve: The same applies to the laptop sleeve. There is protrusion from the laptop, into the main compartment.
Travelpro Luggage Maxlite 5
The Maxlite 5 is a softshell suitcase that looks highly professional. It does have a more conventional look if that is what you are into.
- Reliable exterior: Although the Maxlite 5 is a softshell suitcase, it does a very good job at protecting the content. It gives you a flexible canvas that makes it easier to store in the overhead compartment, but it will also keep your gear safe. There is a honeycomb frame under a foam exterior.
- Great for use as a carry-on: The 21 inch model can easily fit into the overhead compartment of an airplane.
- Large exterior pocket: Unless hardshell suitcases, the Maxlite 5 has a large zippered pocket on the exterior. This allows you to pack small items that you can easily access.
There are many Delsey and Travelpro suitcases to choose from. See below for links to the current models and their prices.
Delsey vs Travelpro: The Verdict
Comparing these suitcases involves deciding whether you prefer hardshell or softshell suitcases. Both are great options depending on what you are looking for. If you want something that is very stylish, go for the Delsey. But if you are looking for something more professional, the Travelpro is a great choice.
OffTheGridGearHub.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Some links may be affiliate links. We may get paid if you buy something or take an action after clicking one of these