OffTheGridGearHub.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Some links may be affiliate links. We may get paid if you buy something or take an action after clicking one of these
Husqvarna is a highly popular Swedish company that is known all over the world for its chainsaws and other power tools. Although this company originates out of Sweden, it happens to be one of the top manufacturers of chainsaws for people who live in North America.
This company produces many models, made for the novice to the professional. The Husqvarna 435 and 440 are made for those who want a little something more than a novice chainsaw. Their engine displacement is a little higher than lower-end chainsaws, which means that you will be cutting through wood faster.
We have created this Husqvarna 435 vs 440 comparison due to popular demand. We know that both of these models are very similar. In fact, they are almost identical. But there are few key differences to be aware of so that you can decide which chainsaw will be best for your needs. We will go over these in this review.
What These Chainsaws Have in Common
The Husqvarna 435 and the Husqvarna 440 are almost identical. We will be comparing these models in the section below. But we would also like to outline some of the great technological advancements that Husqvarna has implemented in these models. This way, you can get an idea of why you should choose Husqvarna over other companies.
- Easy start technology: While many chainsaws are a little bit tricky to start for the novice and the expert alike, the Husqvarna chainsaws are specifically designed for ease of starting. The cord tension is 40% lower than most other chainsaws, and the starting mechanism is smoother.
- Lower fuel consumption: Husqvarna has designed its chainsaws so that they use less fuel. This means that you will need to refill less and use less money to purchase the fuel.
- Lower toxic emissions: The emissions on Husqvarna chainsaws are lower than other popular companies. They adhere to the most stringent environmental standards. This is a part of what makes Husqvarna so great.
- Anti-vibration dampening: With these models, you will get less vibration than with other leading manufacturers. This will mean that you will get tired less often when cutting down trees and branches.
- Visible fuel level: Not all Husqvarna models have a visible fuel level. But with the 435 and the 440, you have a fuel meter that shows you how much you there is left in the chainsaw.
There are many more trademark features of the Husqvarna that are included in these models. The ones that we listed above are some of their best features. Now, we will get right to the meat of this comparison.
Comparing the Husqvarna 435 and the 440
It may not be obvious at first, but the Husqvarna 440 is the most efficient on fuel. And despite the fact that it is the most fuel efficient, it is also the most powerful.
Now you may be wondering why this is. After all, despite the model numbers, they both have an engine displacement of 40.9 cm³. But due to the efficiency of the Husqvarna 440, it has a greater power output. Here are the specs to be aware of.
- Bar Length: 16 inches
- Power Output: 1.6 kW
- Fuel Consumption: 652 g/kWh or 1.08 kg/h
- Weight: 4.2 kg
- Bar Length: 18 inches
- Power Output: 1.8 kW
- Fuel Consumption: 513 g/kWh or 0.9 kg/h
- Weight: 4.5 kg
As you can see, the Husqvarna 440 has a greater power output than the 435. Despite the fact that it produces more power, you use less fuel per hour than with the 435.
Another significant factor is the fact that the bar length for the Husqvarna 440 is 18 inches, while the bar length of the Husqvarna 435 16 inches. While this does not seem to be a very big difference, this also means that using the Husqvarna 435 for cutting down small trees would be more difficult than with the 440. While you can cut small branches very easily with both models, only the Husqvarna 440 will be adequate for small trees.
What About the Pricing?
One of the great advantages of going with the Husqvarna company is the fact that it has a lot of its products on Amazon. Since Amazon offers competitive pricing, this is a great way to get a value chain saw.
In order to compare the cheapest prices for the Husqvarna 435 and the 440, please see the links below:
As you can see from our comparison above, the Husqvarna 440 offers the better value. Although it is the most fuel efficient, it has the greater power output. While it does weigh more than the Husqvarna 435, it is only by 0.3 kg.
The bar length of the Husqvarna 440 allows you to cut through small trees instead of just branches. The Husqvarna 435 would only be adequate for the arborist who is only going to be cutting branches.
So the choice in this case is very easy. Which of these models do you feel offers a better value for you? Please leave your comment below.