OffTheGridGearHub.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Some links may be affiliate links. We may get paid if you buy something or take an action after clicking one of these
The Husqvarna company has a cult following in North America for its cutting edge chainsaws. One of the great things about this company is the fact that it is always improving upon its designs. You get the best technology for an affordable price.
As their chainsaws have been long in the making, they have created many different models for different levels of need. Some people who purchase these chainsaws are novices and are only going to be using them periodically. Husqvarna also has professional-grade models for those who work in the forestry industry.
The 400 series is the most popular with this company. It is a level above the beginner models. It offers more power, but is balanced with an affordable price. This Husqvarna 445 vs 450 review will be covering only two saws in particular.
Why Purchase From Husqvarna
Husqvarna chainsaws are a cut above the rest in terms of their features and their performance. Below are the trademark features that separate this company from the others.
- Easy to start the engine: Husqvarna has made it particular that easy for even the novice to start up the chainsaw. For one thing, it is far easier to pull the pull cord as it has 40% less tension than your traditional chainsaw.
- Uses less fuel: Husqvarna has made it a point to be an eco-friendly company. While it does have battery powered models, its gas-powered models ultra-efficient on fuel. This means that you will be filling up the tank less often, thus saving you a bit of money.
- Meets most stringent emissions regulations: The most stringent emissions regulations in the world are met by Husqvarna chainsaws. They produce up to half the amount of emissions as competing chainsaws.
- A smoother usage: These chainsaws do not vibrate as much as competing chainsaws. Husqvarna’s anti-dampening technology will take care of your arms and hands and ensure that you get the most comfortable usage possible. This means that you will not get tired as often or as quickly.
Husqvarna 445 and 450 Comparison
The reason why so many people are wanting to compare these models is that they are very similar. Their designs are practically identical except for the fact that one produces more power than the other. In fact, due to their bar length being the same, they are both appropriate for branches and small trees. They also produce the exact amount of vibration in the front handle and rear handle.
Here is a quick comparison of all of the most important specs for these models.
- Engine displacement: 45.7 cm³
- Power output: 2.8 hp
- Bar length: 20 inches
- Fuel consumption: 481 g/kWh
- Weight: 10.8 lbs
- Engine displacement: 50.2 cm³
- Power output: 3.2 hp
- Bar length: 20 inches
- Fuel consumption: 504 g/kWh
- Weight: 10.8 lbs
As you can see from the above, the engine displacement on the 450 is higher than the one for the 445, hence their model numbers. As such, the power output for the Husqvarna 450 is greater by 14%. You will notice that you can cut through wood faster with the Husqvarna 450.
Since the Husqvarna 445 has less power output, it also uses 4% less fuel per hour. This may seem like a small difference, but it does accumulate in terms of costs. Keep in mind that if cutting through thick wood, the Husqvarna 450 may actually be the most fuel efficient overall since it has the most power and will not need to force itself through.
Despite the fact that the Husqvarna 450 has the most power, it is the same size and weight as the Husqvarna 445.
Lets Talk About Pricing
If purchasing these chainsaws from a dealer, you may find that the Husqvarna 450 costs about $40 more than the Husqvarna 445. But you may find that purchasing these models on Amazon is cheaper than going with a dealer. In fact, the Husqvarna 450 will not cost much more than the Husqvarna 445 on Amazon.
To check out the best prices for the Husqvarna 445 and the Husqvarna 450, please see below:
As you have seen from above, the Husqvarna 450 is the most powerful chainsaw of the two. It may also be the most fuel efficient when cutting through tough pieces of wood. There is not much of a price difference for these models on Amazon. The only advantage to the Husqvarna 445 is that it may be the most fuel efficient when cutting through easy pieces of wood. However, this difference is marginal. We prefer the Husqvarna 450 for the fact that we feel that it gives the greatest value.