OffTheGridGearHub.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Some links may be affiliate links. We may get paid if you buy something or take an action after clicking one of these
Tumi is the creator of high end luggage pieces and backpacks. These are considered high-end because of their look as well as the attention to detail that was put into the design. Most Tumi pieces are made with ballistic nylon, which is a highly durable fabric.
The alpha 2 and the alpha bravo are pieces that people often associate with each other. We have created this Tumi Alpha 2 vs Alpha Bravo comparison in order to inform you about the differences between them.
What Makes the Tumi Alpha 2 and the Alpha Bravo different
We have created the synopsis below so that you can see a list of all of the main features of each of these backpack models.
Tumi Alpha 2 Features
The Alpha 2 is a carry on luggage piece that has spinner wheels. Unlike the alpha bravo backpack, you can roll this luggage piece around without needing to put weight on your back.
- Height: 21.5 inches high
- Tracer tag: The Alpha 2 comes with a tracer tag attached to the body of the carry on. Tracer tag, your luggage in case it does get lost.
- Ballistic nylon fabric: As with many Tumi bags, the fabric on the Alpha 2 is a ballistic nylon. Nylon is one of the most durable materials that can be used in a luggage piece. This stands in contrast with the polyester that is often used in the other luggage pieces.
- Spinner Wheels: The spinner Wheels on the Alpha 2 have 360 Mobility. You can roll this around freely without having to worry about re-adjusting.
- Suits and dresses: There is a suitor section inside of the main compartment for suits and dresses. Specifically, there is a hanger bracket inside of this compartment so that you can hang two suits or dresses.
- Expandable: The Alpha 2 is expandable to 2 inches from its original size. This extra 2 inches happens in the main compartment.
- Telescopic handle: There is an aluminum telescopic handle that can be pulled out of the alpha 2 for easy rolling.
- Large mesh pocket: In order to store your toiletries and other smaller items, there is a mesh pocket inside the main compartment.
Tumi Alpha Bravo Features
Unlike the Alpha 2, the alpha bravo is a backpack. Instead of rolling this one around, you carry it on your back using the shoulder straps. Here are the features that make the alpha bravo unique:
- Height: 15.7 inches high
- Casual design: The alpha bravo was designed for several uses, such as for business or school. You can use the alpha bravo on your daily commute and look super dapper.
- Main compartment: The main compartment of the alpha bravo is tall and roomy. It also has a special session for your files and folders.
- Electronics compartments: The alpha bravo has an iPad pocket and a laptop sleeve.
- Ballistic nylon: The ballistic nylon on this backpack makes it very durable compared to most backpacks on the market.
- Genuine leather accents: The accents on the alpha bravo are made of genuine leather.
- Waterproof side pockets: The inner lining of the pockets have a waterproof quality. Using these waterproof Side Pockets, you can store your umbrella or your water bottle. There is a side pocket on each side of the backpack.
- Tracer tag: Like the Alpha 2, if your alpha bravo gets lost, you can trace it back by using the attached tracer tag.
- Monogram tags: You can put our monogram over the backpack using the special monogrammed tags that are stitched onto the front pocket.
To compare the best prices between the alpha 2 and the alpha bravo, please see the links below:
In comparing the Alpha 2 and the alpha bravo, we find that the biggest difference is the fact that one of them is rolled while the other is carried on the shoulders. Also, the Alpha 2 is twice as large as the alpha bravo. The reason why the Alpha 2 would be made into a rolled suitcase is the fact that it is quite large.
The alpha bravo does have a laptop compartment, while the Alpha 2 does not. Also, the Alpha 2 can carry suits and dresses, while the alpha bravo cannot.
The choice between these backpacks depends on the use that you want to get out of it.